But while our nation’s laws consider someone who’s 18 to be an adult, you and I know there’s still a lot of growing up left to do at that age. Even young adults need a mom and a dad.
For example, Amanda still yearned for a mother’s love to soothe her on the bad days and share the joy wither on the good ones. She wanted a dad to hold her hand and walk her down the aisle.
Amanda always dreamed of having somewhere to come home to on the holidays.
At long last, her prayers have been answered.
The last installment in our National Adoption Month series is the story of Amanda and her new parents, Tom and Gail Wahl.
It’s a beautiful thing to know that, on Thanksgiving Day, Amanda will be taking a seat at the table… with her family.
To watch the Wahls’ story from a browser, click here.
To watch the Wahls’ story from a mobile device, click here.
Below are links to other posts in this month’s adoption series.
- “What I’ve Learned About Adoption Since Adopting” by Dr. Russell D. Moore
- “When It Comes to Adoption, Community Makes All the Difference” by Kelly Rosati
- “The Schmitts Adopt Abby” by Amanda Schmitt
- “Adoption is Gritty and Glorious” by Paul Batura
From the Dalys and the entire team here at Focus on the Family, “Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; His love endures forever” (1 Chronicles 16:34). Hope you and yours have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Jim Daly
- Did You See What this 8-Year-Old Boy Did?Friday, March 07, 2014
- Music to My Ears in NashvilleThursday, March 06, 2014
- The Man with One EarWednesday, March 05, 2014
- A Focus on the Family Friend Has Gone HomeTuesday, March 04, 2014
- Guest Post: Oscar Season Reminds Us That Entertainment Shapes UsMonday, March 03, 2014
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content