· "You can observe a lot by watching."
· "If you can't imitate him, don't copy him."
· "Baseball is 90 percent mental. The other half is physical."
· "A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore."
· "It's deja vu all over again."
· "If you come to a fork in the road, take it.”
· "I usually take a two-hour nap, from one o'clock to four."
· "If the people don't want to come out to the park, nobody's going to stop them."
· "Why buy good luggage? You only use it when you travel."
· He was once asked his cap size at the start of spring training: "I don't know, I'm not in shape."
· Asked why the Yankees lost the 1960 World Series to Pittsburgh: "We made too many wrong mistakes."
· Asked about Red Sox legend Ted Williams: "He is a big clog in their machine."
· The wife of New York Mayor John V. Lindsay once told Yogi he looked cool despite the heat. He replied, "You don't look so hot, either."
· On Yogi Berra Appreciation Day: "I want to thank you for making this day necessary."
· He was once asked if first baseman Don Mattingly had exceeded his expectations this season. He replied, "I'd say he's done more than that."
· When asked if he wanted his pizza cut into four or eight pieces, he replied, "Four. I don't think I can eat eight."
· "Little League baseball is a good thing,” he once said, “'cause it keeps the parents off the streets and the kids out of the house."
Follow me on Twitter @Dalyfocus
Follow me on Facebook
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Jim Daly
- Answering Single Adults QuestionsFriday, July 25, 2014
- Interview: Dr. Ben CarsonThursday, July 24, 2014
- Are We Bullies on a Social Media Playground?Wednesday, July 23, 2014
- Do Kittens Have a Mentor?Tuesday, July 22, 2014
- GUEST POST: The Qualities I Thought My Future Husband Should HaveMonday, July 21, 2014
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content