15 Reasons We Need Proverbs 13:17
Nicki Koziarz is a speaker, writer, and leader in today's generation. She lives just outside of Charlotte, NC with her husband and their three girls. As a leader and speaker, Nicki is willing to tackle the hard issues this generation is facing to encourage the pursuit of God's Truth in their lives. She is on staff at Proverbs 31 Ministries as the coordinator for their online Bible studies. Nicki speaks nationally for retreats, conferences, events and MOPS groups. For more information on having Nicki for your next event you can email her at: email@example.com Visit Nicki's site at: www.nickikoziarz.com
- 2013 Jun 28
"Irresponsible talk makes a real mess of things,
but a reliable reporter is a healing presence." - Proverbs 13:17
1. We have a choice: to heal or bring more strife.
2. The world needs more healers.
3. In a culture filled with encouragement to see things as grey, we need more words to be black and white.
4. We often use words as a weapon to get our way but don’t weigh the consequences before we speak.
5. People need to hear things how they actually happened, not how we think it happened.
6. We need to reassurance to pause before we speak.
7. The weight of our words is often forgotten.
8. Exaggeration works great in fairy tales but not in real life.
9. Integrity often feels like a lost cause.
10. Let’s bring it back.
11. When we speak truth, we are more likely to live Truth.
12. When we’ve been lied to it often leads to some form of mistrusting God.
13. Effective words are often the hardest words to say.
14. Misleading words are just as destructive as lies.
15. This verse takes courage but courage is always contagious.