Paul Tautges has served Immanuel Bible Church in Sheboygan, Wisconsin as pastor since 1992. He is also an adjunct professor of biblical counseling and conference speaker. Paul has authored eight books including Counsel One Another, Comfort Those Who Grieve, The Discipline of Mercy, and Brass Heavens. He is also the editor of the popular Help! discipleship counseling booklet series (24 titles). Paul is a NANC Fellow and a Council Board member of the Biblical Counseling Coalition. He and his wife Karen are the parents of ten children. Paul blogs regularly at counselingoneanother.com.
- 2013 Sep 16
What is it that you need the Lord to do? What seems impossible due to your limited strength? Let me encourage you to spend time today reflecting on Psalm 68. That's where I will be this week. Here's just a few oxygen tanks to breathe deeply from today.
- Are you lonely? "God makes a home for the lonely" (v. 6).
- Do you feel vulnerable? "Father of the fatherless and protector of widows is God" (v. 5).
- Are you weary? "Blessed by the Lord, who daily bears our burden" (v. 19).
- Are you defeated? "God is to us a God of deliverances" (v. 20).
- Are you feeling powerless? "Sinai itself quaked at the presence of God" (v. 8).
Whatever your heart's need is today, know that the Lord is able. He is the victorious warrior God whose strength knows no end.