Paul TautgesPaul Tautges serves as senior pastor at Cornerstone Community Church in Mayfield Heights, Ohio, having previously pastored for 22 years in Sheboygan, Wisconsin. Paul has authored eight books including Counseling One Another, Brass Heavens, and Comfort the Grieving, and contributed chapters to two volumes produced by the Biblical Counseling Coalition. He is also the consulting editor of the LifeLine Mini-Book series from Shepherd Press. Paul is a Fellow with ACBC (Association of Certified Biblical Counselors). He and his wife, Karen, are the parents of ten children (three married), and have two grandchildren. Paul enjoys writing as a means of cultivating discipleship among believers and, therefore, blogs regularly at Counseling One Another.
- 2013 Sep 16
What is it that you need the Lord to do? What seems impossible due to your limited strength? Let me encourage you to spend time today reflecting on Psalm 68. That's where I will be this week. Here's just a few oxygen tanks to breathe deeply from today.
- Are you lonely? "God makes a home for the lonely" (v. 6).
- Do you feel vulnerable? "Father of the fatherless and protector of widows is God" (v. 5).
- Are you weary? "Blessed by the Lord, who daily bears our burden" (v. 19).
- Are you defeated? "God is to us a God of deliverances" (v. 20).
- Are you feeling powerless? "Sinai itself quaked at the presence of God" (v. 8).
Whatever your heart's need is today, know that the Lord is able. He is the victorious warrior God whose strength knows no end.