The Greatest Love
This devotional was written by Kelly McFadden
My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. —John 15:12-13
Here are a few great things some children had to say about love:
• Love is that first feeling you feel before all the bad stuff gets in the way.
• When my grandmother got arthritis, she couldn't bend over and paint her toenails anymore. So my grandfather does it for her all the time, even when his hands got arthritis too. That's love.
• Love is when you go out to eat and give somebody most of your French fries without making them give you any of theirs.
• Love is when my mommy makes coffee for my daddy and she takes a sip before giving it to him, to make sure the taste is OK.
• Love is when you tell a guy you like his shirt, then he wears it everyday.
• Love is when Mommy gives Daddy the best piece of chicken.
• I know my older sister loves me because she gives me all her old clothes and has to go out and buy new ones.
• There are two kinds of love: Our love & God's love. But God makes both kinds of them. Love is important to God.
“Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.” There is no greater love than what Jesus did for us on the cross. He laid down His life so that all would have the opportunity to be clean, pure, and blameless before God the Father. He died, shamed on the cross, so that we can spend eternity with Him. These kids are right in many ways regarding how we show love to each other, but there is no greater or more perfect love than God sending His Son to die for us.
1. Take some time this Valentine’s Day to thank God, who loves you more than anyone, for His great gift and for showing His love to you.
2. How can you show God your love for Him?