Jesus uses the miracle feeding of the 4000 as a teaching tool for His disciples.
After feeding the 4000, it is obvious that the disciples do not understand the significance of the event. Jesus says, "When I fed the 5000, how many loaves did you pick up afterward?" His disciples reply, "Twelve." Then again, "When I fed the 4000, how many loaves did you pick up afterward?" "Seven," they answer.
"Do you not yet understand?" the Lord asks them.
Then, some days later, Jesus is alone with the Twelve, and He asks them, "Who do you think I am?" Peter replies, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God." Finally, progress!
· Offer your praise with the following psalm to the Lord who is faithful to us when we are weak:
It is good to give thanks to the Lord,
And to sing praises to Your name, O Most High;
To declare Your lovingkindness in the morning,
And Your faithfulness every night. . . .
For You, Lord, have made me glad through Your work;
I will triumph in the works of Your hands
· As you seek to keep your life free from sin, pray this confession to the Lord:
Return to the Lord your God,
For He is gracious and merciful,
Slow to anger, and of great kindness;
And He relents from doing harm
· As you consider the mercy of God, confess any sins that the Holy Spirit brings to your mind. Now pause to pray this affirmation to the Lord:
You are the door. If anyone enters by You, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. You have come that we may have life, and that we may have it more abundantly (based on John 10:9-10).
· As you make your requests known to the Lord, pray for:
· greater faithfulness with your finances,
· the President and national leaders and affairs,
· your activities for the day,
· whatever else is on your heart.
· Offer this closing prayer to the Lord:
And let the beauty of the Lord our God be upon us,
And establish the work of our hands for us;
Yes, establish the work of our hands