Quiet Walk - May 7
- Sign Up for Email?
- 2023 May 07
Joshua reviews Israel's history, charges them to serve the Lord, then dies at the age of 110.
Joshua again gathers Israel to hear a review of their history and the good things God has done for them. He states the benefits and consequences of faithfulness and unfaithfulness. "If it seems evil to you to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve. . . . But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord" (v. 15). Fortunately, the Israelites accept the challenge and agree to serve the Lord.
From time to time, the Lord may challenge us through various and unpredictable ways. When we drift from Him, when we get stale, or cease growing, the Lord will often bring a circumstance into our lives which forces us to choose whom we will serve. At those times, we must learn from the nation of Israel and choose to serve the Lord.
· Because the Lord cares enough about us to challenge us to total commitment, we praise Him:
Make a joyful shout to the Lord, all you lands!
Serve the Lord with gladness;
Come before His presence with singing.
Know that the Lord, He is God;
It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves;
We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.
Enter into His gates with thanksgiving,
And into His courts with praise.
Be thankful to Him, and bless His name.
For the Lord is good;
His mercy is everlasting,
And His truth endures to all generations
· Pray this confession to the Lord as you seek to keep your life free from sin:
Search me, O God, and know my heart;
Try me, and know my anxieties;
And see if there is any wicked way in me,
And lead me in the way everlasting
· Confess any sins that the Holy Spirit brings to your mind. Now pause to pray this affirmation to the Lord:
They said, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household" (Acts 16:31).
· As you make your requests known to the Lord, pray for:
· greater love for other Christians,
· missions in Europe and Asia,
· your activities for the day.
· Finally, offer this prayer to the Lord:
Be of good courage,
And He shall strengthen your heart,
All you who hope in the Lord
Receive teachings, global updates, and free resources with Walk Thru the Bible's free Living God's Word.
Read our current Newsletter and Subscribe today.