How to Trace the Fire of the Holy Spirit
- Friday, September 17, 2004
3. Write out the verse every day.
4. Memorize one part of the verse at a time. See each phrase as a building block and memorize one block at a time. Some of the assigned passages are long. Don't give up! Memorize at least one part of that passage.
5. Outline the progression of thought in the passage or list key words in order of appearance.
6. Make yourself accountable to another person. Ask him or her to listen and correct you as you quote the verse. Our worship leaders or pastor will regularly remind us of the passages of the month.
Reprinted from "Abundant Riches" newsletter, copyright MARK INC Ministries. Excerpts reprinted from Treasures of Encouragement Leader's Guide, by Sharon W. Betters, Used by permission of P & R Publishing Company, copyright by Chuck and Sharon Betters. All rights reserved. Materials are not to be distributed to other web locations for retrieval, published in other media, or mirrored at other sites without express permission of P & R Publishing Company. For more information on starting a ministry of encouragement in your church, read Treasures of Encouragement by Sharon Betters, available through MARK INC Ministries (www.markinc.org).
Recently on Bible Study Tips
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Listen to Your Favorite Pastors
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content