Mark Driscoll explains why the mainline denominations are in such a mess. He then offers these ten steps to destroying a denomination:
1) Have a low view of Scripture and, consequently, the deity of Jesus.
2) Deny that we were made male and female by God, equal but with distinct roles in the home and church.
3) Ordain liberal women in the name of tolerance and diversity.
4) Have those liberal women help to ordain gay men in the name of greater tolerance and diversity.
5) Accept the worship of other religions and their gods in the name of still greater tolerance and diversity.
6) Become so tolerant that you, in effect, become intolerant of people who love Jesus and read their Bible without scoffing and snickering.
7) End up with only a handful of people who are all the same kind of intolerant liberals in the name of tolerance and diversity.
8) Watch the Holy Spirit depart from your churches and take people who love Jesus with Him.
9) Fail to repent but become more committed than ever to your sinful agenda.
10) See Jesus pull rank, judge you, and send some of your pastors to hell to be tormented by Him forever because He will no longer tolerate your diversity.
You can reach the author at firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to sign up for the free weekly email sermon.
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
About Dr. Ray Pritchard
Dr. Ray Pritchard is the president of Keep Believing Ministries, in Internet-based ministry serving Christians in 225 countries. He is the author of 27 books, including Stealth Attack, Fire and Rain, Credo, The Healing Power of Forgiveness, An Anchor for the Soul and Why Did This Happen to Me? Ray and Marlene, his wife of 37 years, have three sons-Josh, Mark and Nick, two daughters-in-law--Leah and Vanessa, and two grandsons--Knox and Eli. His hobbies include biking, surfing the Internet, and anything related to the Civil War.
Recently by Dr. Ray Pritchard
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content