Here in Colorado all eyes will be on Sunday’s AFC Championship game between our hometown Denver Broncos and the New England Patriots. But following that contest is another marquee matchup. The Seattle Seahawks will be playing the San Francisco 49ers for the right to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl. Regardless of which team you’re rooting for, I think you’ll be inspired by the story of 23-year-old Seattle fullback Derrick Coleman.
Coleman is the first legally deaf offensive player in NFL history. He persevered against all odds and naysayers to make his dream come true.
What a good reminder for us that physical limitations don’t have to define us. It’s especially timely as we continue our observance of Sanctity of Human Life Month, when we celebrate the intrinsic dignity of all people, including those with special needs.
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Jim Daly
- Did You See What this 8-Year-Old Boy Did?Friday, March 07, 2014
- Music to My Ears in NashvilleThursday, March 06, 2014
- The Man with One EarWednesday, March 05, 2014
- A Focus on the Family Friend Has Gone HomeTuesday, March 04, 2014
- Guest Post: Oscar Season Reminds Us That Entertainment Shapes UsMonday, March 03, 2014
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content