*FYI: The following series is on marriage and may contain candid speech and "mature" subjects such as sex and pornography; both topics I think are too important not to discuss, but might be inappropriate for younger readers.
As a Christian community, we have become afraid of the struggle that illuminates the very purpose of matrimony. We don't talk about failure. We cover up shame. No one can know our honeymoon phase never existed.
This wasn't how it was supposed to be. That's what we said, in month 2 of our freshly romanticized nuptials. And surprisingly, we later realized that God was saying the same thing.
This wasn't how it was supposed to be. There is so much more to that magnifying glass of fear, submission, leadership and sexuality that you are looking through. You've only begun the discovery.
That is the heartbeat of this blog and this series: to let you know, you are not alone.
God's design for your marriage is much bigger than yours and it is only perfected with time. Throughout this series we will give you -good content, -lots of resources, and -Scripture to wrestle through. ~
THIS WEEK'S TOPICS:
- Why Don't We Makeout As Much As They Do? - by Cara and Dave Maat
- Why You Can't Submit - by Julianna Morlet
- Why You Can Lead Everyone BUT Your Wife (For the Husbands) - by Tyson Morlet
- Why We Didn't Let Porn Destroy Our Marriage - Elizabeth and Jason Shafer
- Why Communication Makes the Best Foreplay - Katie & Scott McGihon
- Why (Men) Think Marriage = Sex
- Q&A | Answering YOUR Questions
As we go along, we want this to be a conversation. All writers will be checking the blog regularly (our husbands too!) on the days we've written to answer your questions, encourage you, and read your conversations, so please feel completely free to comment.
CALLS TO ACTION:
At the end of each piece, there will be a call to action (def: something for you to do), for marrieds and singles. I understand and love that a lot of you that read here are not married and are in different seasons of life. I still believe the conversations presented this week are applicable to you. And marrieds, these are gonna be toughies but don't be afraid. We've all been in those awkward-turned-amazing-conversations with our spouses!
*Want to get the NAKED series in your inbox? Fast and easy sign up here.
- - - - -
Related Blog Series
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
About Julianna Morlet
Julianna Morlet is the girl behind the lifestyle blog, The Girl That Sings. Her blog is focused on her journey as a homemade singer, writer, speaker. If she could sum up who she is in one sentence it'd be, "A visionary idealist who wishes to conquer the world before her 25th birthday." She is the eldest of six children, and is being well-seasoned and fashioned by this life. From sexual abuse, to a blended family, to a baby sister with leukemia, to college in the mid-west and her journey as a homemade singer and worship leader, she has been led to a faith in God that cannot be shaken. You can find her at juliannamorlet.com, Facebook, and Twitter.
Recently by Julianna Morlet
- A Quick Note to Pastors on Mother's DaySaturday, May 11, 2013
- Are Our Motherhood Experiences Really That Different?Wednesday, May 01, 2013
- Worshipping God When Life Seems Out of His Control | Behind the SongMonday, March 18, 2013
- Compassion Isn't Just a Christian Buzz WordTuesday, February 26, 2013
- Is Church Memorable or Horrible for You?Friday, February 01, 2013
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content