As tensions rise in Ukraine, mission groups and churches are reporting an increased interest in faith.
Nearly half of teens who visit a doctor complaining of headache pain walk away with a prescription for a narcotic painkiller, researchers found.
A recent CNN poll shows that 38% of Americans believe that abortion should be illegal in most circumstances but legal in a few circumstances, and 20% saying that abortion should always be illegal, combining to a total of 58% of Americans who believe that abortion should be illegal in either many or all circumstances.
North Korea’s supreme leader Kim Jong-un has reportedly ordered 33 Christians to be executed for contact with a missionary.
If drafted, Michael Sam would be the first openly gay football player in the NFL.
Thirteen nuns and three workers were released after their November capture from a Greek Orthodox monastery in Syria.
I am often invited to facilitate private leadership gatherings that are designed as mentoring sessions. Time and again, the biggest issue facing those in ministry has to do with staff and volunteers.
Many people think that learning to compromise is one of the keys to a successful marriage. Would it surprise you to learn that Focus marriage experts Dr. Greg Smalley and Erin Smalley disagree?
Atheists are challenging plans to include a 17-foot, cross-shaped beam that became a famous symbol of Ground Zero after 9/11 in a display at the national memorial museum that is scheduled to open this spring.
While electronic cigarettes may be marketed as alternatives that will keep teenagers away from tobacco, a study suggests that may not be the case.
A weekly listing of hot cultural items from the Internet, music, television and movies.
The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission issued new, detailed guidelines for employers Thursday as the number of complaints and million-dollar settlements for cases of religious workplace discrimination neared record levels in 2013.
Korean-American missionary Kenneth Bae has been detained by the North Korean government for more than a year, reports Charisma News.
Bill Gothard, an Illinois-based advocate for home schooling and conservative dress who warned against rock music and debt, has resigned from the ministry he founded after allegations of sexually harassing women who worked at his ministry and failing to report child abuse cases.
If you were 8 years old and found a $20 bill in a parking lot of Cracker Barrel, what would you do with it?
The decision made by Theodosius to proclaim Christianity as the official religion of the Roman Empire – and the way it accelerated and took root in the early Middle Ages – is a story seldom told in light of the caricatures that abound.
A new Pew Research Center survey finds that 55% of Millennials have posted a “selfie” on a social media site.
Mars Hill Church contracted Result Source Inc. to manipulate bestseller rankings for Mark Driscoll’s book, "Real Marriage." Critics see this as deceptive and an improper use of ministry funds.
Malaysia’s status as anti-human-trafficking is in danger as the trafficking of Rohingya Muslims into Malaysia increases, reports Reuters on Salem Radio News.
As the situation in the Ukraine shifts from one moment to the next, Christians in the country continue to pray and work for peace. Prominent church leaders and missionaries report that even amid the tensions, many people are turning to Christ.