Bad News is Everywhere, but the King is Coming!
- Wednesday, April 16, 2008
"Without a vision, people are doomed to live mediocre lives, carried along by social influences and self-centered interests. The Bible says, 'Where there is no vision, the people perish' (Proverbs 28:18 KJV). Our own vision for our lives cannot sustain us; we must have a vision that originates from the heart of God, from His very throne room. His vision is life-giving, life-changing, and worth abandoning our hearts and lives to."
While on a prayer journey in the Biblical city of Laodicea in Turkey, I was reminded of God's message to the Laodicean church. God wants us to be willing to go through His refinement so that we are not lukewarm and naked like the Laodicean church but, instead, are on fire for Him. He says to that church in Revelation 3:18, "I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see."
Although the world is filled with trouble, God is working it all out for His purposes. We need to see this with eyes of faith. History is being shaped, and prayer is the key. It is vital that we move into a higher realm of His Kingdom purposes. We must begin to understand even our problems in light of His purposes. God's purpose is to bring glory to His name and establish His Kingdom. Everything is moving towards the purposes of God. God is enlarging us. We must be purposeful in all that we do.
How should we then live? How can we live joyfully in light of all of the bad news that we hear day after day? Let's look at some ways we can cultivate Kingdom living while we are still living on planet earth. As the end-times roll on, we will need to hold onto these points with a firm grip.
Ways to Cultivate Kingdom Living
"From the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and violent men take it by force. If we truly hunger to see God's government birthed and functioning, we must unwaveringly take our post of duty and appropriate the Lord's authority through anointed prayer. That is His strategy for this season."
- Worship God as King, and give Him extravagant praise - Enlarge your vision of God. See the greatness, power and majesty of Christ as King. Know in your heart the sovereignty and greatness of God (Philippians 2:9-11).
- Develop intimacy and know your identity in Christ - Depend on His wisdom and ways. Learn to abide in Him daily (John 15:7, 1 Corinthians 2:3-7).
- Prayerfully study God's Kingdom and attributes in Scripture - Study the Sermon on the Mount because it is the description and instruction about kingdom living. There are 160 verses in Scripture about the Kingdom of God (Matthew 5-7).
- Concentrate on the positive aspects of His kingdom - Try to lift people's perspective as the days grow darker. Be aware of morbid end-time concentration or a doom-and-gloom mentality. Keep a balanced perspective, and at the same time be alert to the counterfeit. When darkness is covering the earth, the glory of the Lord will arise (Isaiah 60:1-3).
- Realize that you have a part in bringing in God's kingdom rule on earth - Proclaim God's kingdom rule over the territory God has assigned to you. Prayerfully proclaim God's kingdom in your personal and corporate prayer times. Pray God's scriptural promises over your city, neighborhood, and nation (Revelation 15:3-4).
- Devote yourself to extended seasons of prayer - Know its power. This is God's strategy for success in the end times (2 Chronicles 7:14).
Prayer is such a great privilege and is a life-long pursuit. It is a blessing beyond imagination, a compelling opportunity for a deeper and deeper relationship with God, a joy that knows no limits. In spite of the world situation, let's see with vision what God is doing at this hour. Let's participate in His worldwide plan for a worldwide harvest. Let's have prayer permeate all that we do. Are bad things happening? Yes. Can we live above them as God's Kingdom people? Yes, but only if we stay close to His heart (intimacy) and live for His Kingdom alone (surrender). Let's abandon our life to the King. Let's learn to build our lives on these Kingdom principles. Let's get ready for our King's soon return.
"The primary truth that any government will be able to stand on is that God is King, not man. The Lord created this world for His purpose, and only those who are aligned with His purpose will have the authority that can stand any pressures of the times we are entering. We can build our lives on this kingdom and nothing that happens will shake us." ~Rick Joyner
Together in the Harvest,
Debbie Przybylski is the founder and director of Intercessors Arise International, a part of the ministry of the Elijah Company, Inc. The vision of Intercessors Arise International is to see thousands of intercessors from every nation released in strategic prayer for the furtherance of the Gospel worldwide. Contact Deb at
Recently on Worship
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Listen to Your Favorite Pastors
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content