Craving More Energy: Energizing Food and Faith Recipes
- Tuesday, January 08, 2013
No food . . . is as satisfying as the energy to enjoy life.
Seven Energizing Food Recipes
Now that we’ve talked about energizing our faith, let’s energize our bodies with some delicious meals. I have compiled seven energizing recipes to help defeat the battle of fatigue once and for all.
Protein is essential to maintaining a healthy body and is an important source of energy. Salad is not only a great way to sneak in our fruit and veggies for the day, but it also helps boost our bodies’ antioxidants. The recipes below are packed full of creative, protein-filled salads or meat entrées that are sure to give you that boost of energy you crave. And they taste amazing!
Steak Supreme Salad
Ingredients for salad:
5 ounces lean steak
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 pinch sea salt
3 to 4 cups spinach, washed and dried
1 cup sliced cucumber
8 to 12 strawberries, sliced
1 avocado, peeled and sliced (optional)
Ingredients for vinaigrette dressing:
3 tablespoons sherry or red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pinch ground black pepper
1. Slice steak into thin strips. Broil or pan fry in 2 teaspoons oil; cook meat to your liking. Add sea salt and set meat aside.
2. Combine spinach, cucumber, and strawberries in a salad bowl and toss gently.
3. To make vinaigrette dressing, whisk together sherry or red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, honey, olive oil, and black pepper in a small bowl.
4. Gently toss the spinach, cucumber, and strawberries with the vinaigrette.
5. Place spinach mixture on individual serving plates. Top with the steak and avocado slices, and serve.
Use the vinaigrette dressing for any of your favorite salads. It is always better to make your own than to use a bottled dressing.
Fruit Fiesta Chicken Salad
Ingredients for salad:
1 head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
4 ounces feta or goat cheese, crumbled
1 cup pistachios
¼ cup dried cranberries
1 green apple, peeled, cored, and diced
1 pear, cored and sliced
3 cooked chicken breasts, diced
Freshly squeezed or bottled lemon juice, to taste
¼ cup coconut (optional)
1. In a large serving bowl, toss together the romaine lettuce, cheese, pistachios, cranberries, apple, pear, and chicken.
Recently on First Chapters
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Listen to Your Favorite Pastors
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content