The Immigration Crisis: How Do We Begin to Solve It?
- Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Wright's model allows one to look for ethical principles in the Bible. However, it is done in a more comprehensive manner by examining the entire canon of Scripture through the lens of the major biblical themes of creation, fall, redemption, and new creation.11 In the following chapters we shall attempt to use this comprehensive approach especially as it relates to the alien in ancient Israel and then see how it might be relevant to the present dilemma facing people who care about national laws and biblical justice too.
Taken from: The Immigration Crisis: Immigrants, Aliens, and the Bible
Copyright 2009 by James K. Hoffmeier
Published by Crossway Books, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers
1300 Crescent Street Wheaton, Illinois 60187
All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted in any form by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopy, recording or otherwise, without the prior permission of the publisher, except as provided for by USA copyright law.
1. As reported in the International Herald Tribune, June 2, 2006, 3.
2. As reported on Fox News, December 12, 2007.
3. See http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2006/aprilweb-only/115-44.0.html.
4. See the Sojourner's website where this verse is quoted on a press release dated 12/17/2007: www.sojo.net/index.cfm?action=action.display&item=CCIR_main.
5. Gerhard von Rad, Old Testament Theology, II (Philadelphia: Westminster Press, 1962), 129.
6. For a copy of this speech, see http://www.americanrhetoric.com/speeches/mlkihaveadream.htm.
7. Walter Kaiser Jr., Toward Old Testament Ethics (Grand Rapids, MI: Baker, 1983).
8. Christopher Wright, Walking in the Ways of the Lord: The Ethical Authority of the Old Testament (Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity Press, 1995).
9. Ibid., 114-116.
10. For an example see the author's essay "Abortion and the Old Testament Law," in Abortion: A Christian Understanding and Response, ed. James K. Hoffmeier (Grand Rapids, MI: Baker, 1987), 49-63.
11. Wright, Walking in the Ways of the Lord, 14-21.
Recently on Books
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Listen to Your Favorite Pastors
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content