What Are the Different “Stations of Life” a Preacher Should Keep in Mind?- Answers for Pastors - October 2
What are the different “stations of life” a preacher should keep in mind when applying the text?
- Age. Speak to children, adults, and seniors.
- Marital status/family situation. What does your text say to singles, young couples, couples with grown children, barren couples, divorcees, single moms, widows, and so on?
- Employment. Does your text have any application for homemakers, for employers, for workaholics, for people who aren’t happy with their jobs, for the unemployed?
- Physical and financial status. Healthy and sick. Well-off and struggling to get by.
- Residence/Citizenship. Some of your hearers may be new to the area and some may be from another continent.
Find more great resources for church health from Mark Dever and 9Marks Ministries at www.9marks.org