Unshakable! | Psalm 15
Psalm 15 A psalm of David. Lord, who may dwell in your sacred tent? Who may live on your holy mountain? The one whose walk is blameless, who does what is righteous, who speaks the truth from their heart; whose tongue utters no slander, who does no wrong to a neighbor, and casts no slur on others; who despises a vile person but honors those who fear the Lord; who keeps an oath even when it hurts, and does not change their mind; who lends money to the poor without interest; who does not accept a bribe against the innocent. Whoever does these things will never be shaken.
How can a person live with unshakable faith in a shaken world? In today’s psalm, David describes the characteristics of a person who can meet the inevitable challenges of life head-on and stand firm. Let’s consider these ten important traits.
- Blameless: Maintains a life of obedience and integrity.
- Righteous: Lives in harmony with God’s standards.
- Honest: Speaks truth from the heart.
- No slander: Refrains from malicious talk.
- No harm: Loves his neighbor as himself.
- No slurs: Refuses to discredit others.
- Community: Honors other believers.
- Commitment: Keeps his promises even to his own disadvantage.
- Generous: Gives to those in need.
- Above reproach: Declines to take a bribe.
Trouble comes knocking at our door when we least expect it. A person who lives with these characteristics will “never be shaken.”
Father, help me to pursue these traits. Remind me that going after these characteristics today will build a strong foundation for the inevitable challenges of tomorrow. In Jesus’ name. Amen.