Bridging the Gap: Reaching the Next Generation of Women
- Friday, January 21, 2011
Hospitality - opening the door of your home will open the "heart door" of many! Offer your home for:
- A college/youth girls' ministry event.
- The college girl who needs a place to do laundry.
Encouragement - the priceless treasure that doesn't cost a penny! Bless a young woman with:
- A note of God's comfort during a hard time.
- Applaud her God-given uniqueness.
- Cheer her on in a path of purity, obedience, and dedication to God.
Authenticity - the unpretentiousness that gives others freedom to be themselves. Be "real" by:
- Sharing your journey, struggles and all.
- Being more concerned for those around you than for your own image.
- Let the hurt of others touch you by sincerely empathizing with them.
Resources - your arsenal of God-taught wisdom. Share truth by:
- Reading/discussing a Christian book together.
- Inviting her into your world through a conference or Bible study
- Prepare files with Scripture, statistics, and resources for issues God has helped you with (depression, sexual purity, etc.) so you can readily pass on wisdom.
Time - a gift of true sacrifice that will prove your love to others. Give your time by:
- Coming to youth/college meeting shows you're available.
- Understanding relationships with this generation take time to develop trust.
- Investing in connecting "their way" via email, facebook, texting, etc.
May God bless you abundantly as you seek to be His vessel of love, truth and hope to the young women He places in your path!
January 22, 2011
April Motl and her husband, Eric, minister at their church in Southern California where he is a pastor on staff. April is the founder of In His Eyes Ministries; a teaching ministry devoted to helping women see their life from God's perspective. For more information about the ministry visit www.InHisEyesMinistries.com.
Recently on Women
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Listen to Your Favorite Pastors
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content