Before You Say, "I Quit!"
- Thursday, September 16, 2010
Even in the midst of the storms of life, don't give up. Say, "I quit" to your own understanding and power; refocus on Christ's wisdom and power, and say, as Peter said, "Master, we have toiled all the night, and have taken nothing . . . . Nevertheless at thy word, I will . . . . "
25 Reasons Not to Give Up
- God's grace is sufficient.
- God gives us everything we need for life and godliness.
- God's mercy endures forever.
- It is God Who works in us both to will and to do of His good pleasure.
- Our children need Godly parent mentors and teachers.
- Our children need their questions answered from a Biblical worldview.
- Our children need and are permitted room to grow and time for creativity.
- Our children need and receive Godly socialization.
- Our children learn to be unselfish and how to serve others.
- Our children retain their innocence.
- Our children will have a lasting legacy of love and commitment.
- Our children and our children's children will be spared worldly indoctrination.
- We know where our children are at all times.
- We know what our children are being taught at all times.
- We know who our children's friends are and who their parents are.
- We retain our God-given right to educate our own children.
- Our children receive a superior education no matter what philosophy or curriculum.
- Homeschooled children receive one-on-one attention and specialized training.
- Homeschooled children can see and experience the world around them regularly.
- Homeschooling permits the teaching of important life skills.
- Homeschooling builds strong character and strong relationships.
- Our children will not have to walk in the counsel of the ungodly.
- Our children will not have to stand in the path of sinners.
- Our delight will be in the law of the Lord, and everything we do will prosper.
- Our God never gives up, and He gives us His strength to continue the journey.
*This article published September 20, 2010.
Deborah Wuehler is the Senior Editor for TOS, participating author in The Homeschool Minute, wife to Richard, and mom to eight gifts from heaven. She loves digging for buried treasure in the Word, reading, writing, homeschooling, and dark chocolate!
Copyright 2010. Originally appeared in The Old Schoolhouse Magazine®, Summer 2010. Used with permission. Visit them at http://www.TheHomeschoolMagazine.com. For all your homeschool curriculum needs visit the Schoolhouse Store. Be sure to check out our new Student Planners!
Recently on Homeschool
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Listen to Your Favorite Pastors
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content