Refuse Worry, Embrace Gratefulness
- Monday, August 27, 2012
2. Practice gratitude out loud every day. There are thousands of things to be thankful for. Find them and express your thankfulness to God.
3. Memorize a few Bible verses that speak to your specific area of worry. Pray them every day.
4. Get some exercise. This will do wonders for your mental, physical, and spiritual health.
1. Teach your children to pray by praying with them. Teach them how to thank God for the blessings in their lives.
2. When your children get stressed and worried, sit down with them and walk them all the way through their scenario. Teach them how fear and worry can lie to them. Help them understand God’s faithfulness.
3. If your child is going through an extended trial that is causing him to worry, make sure you are especially engaged with him during this time. Talk often; pray even more; help him sort through his feelings.
Susie Larson is an author, speaker, national media voice for Moody Radio, and the host of the daily LIVE talk show, Live the Promise with Susie Larson. Susie has been married for twenty-six plus years and has three grown sons and one beautiful daughter-in-law. Susie comes with a passion to see women strengthened in their faith and mobilized to live out their high calling in Jesus Christ.
Publication date: August 27, 2012
Recently on Encouragement
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Listen to Your Favorite Pastors
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content