- Tuesday, April 27, 2004
REASONS TO JOIN
Your membership with Home School Legal Defense Association provides you with:
- Professional legal representation to protect your right to homeschool. As homeschooling fathers, our attorneys share your commitment to home education as a legal right, educational opportunity, and spiritual blessing. One hundred percent of legal fees and associated costs are paid by HSLDA.
- A brotherhood of 70,000+ families standing together to protect and advance homeschool freedoms—in the United States and foreign countries.
- Assistance with social service contacts or investigations resulting from allegations of abuse or neglect. HSLDA membership benefits do not extend to court actions resulting from non-homeschooling matters.
- Quick action when freedoms are threatened. Using email and our website, HSLDA provides up-to-the-minute news regarding federal and/or state legislation that impacts homeschool and parental freedoms.
- Valuable discounts. HSLDA has negotiated discounts on products and services we believe you will find truly beneficial. For more information, go to the HSLDA Member Discounts Page.
- A voice in Washington, DC, reminding the federal government that it has no jurisdiction over homeschools and keeping homeschooling legal and safe, now and for the future.
- Monitoring of all state legislation that could reduce your homeschooling freedoms.
- A positive image in the media. HSLDA presents an engaging, informative, and dynamic picture of the homeschooling community to the public and the media.
- Support for homeschooling organizations, both state and local support groups, by providing information, regional and national leadership seminars, and networking.
- Research and analysis. HSLDA funds research to investigate the characteristics and results of homeschooling and to provide statistical data for use in the courts and legislatures.
Recently on Getting Started
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Listen to Your Favorite Pastors
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content