Homeschooling in the Shadows
- Monday, July 21, 2008
Encourage Yourself in the Lord
• If God has opened this door of homeschooling to those who seek to raise their children in His holy way, then “no man can shut it.”
• “For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil. And who is he that will harm you, if ye be followers of that which is good? But and if ye suffer for righteousness’ sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled; But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear: Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.” (I Pet. 3:12-16; see also I Pet. 4:12-16.)
• “Hearken unto Me, ye that know righteousness, the people in whose heart is My law; fear ye not the reproach of men, neither be ye afraid of their revilings.” (Isa. 51:7)
• “Faith is a life committed beyond its means, expecting what sense cannot certify, based on God’s promise, depending on God’s supply, motivated for God’s glory, and confident in God’s integrity.” - Dr. Ken Connolly
A Final Thought
Dark shadows and clouds often conceal things from our eyes which our Father simply may not want us to see. The sun is still shining on an overcast day, even though we cannot observe it. Many times in my own life, the Lord has revealed that the long, foreboding shadows which seemed so threatening to my present welfare were being simultaneously overshadowed by His own greatness. Yes, the “horror of great darkness” was still heavy and disturbing, but I had no reason to fear. You see, there is One in heaven who is mightier than all others, and it is in His strong arms that I trust; it is in His power alone that I rest my faith—and that, my friend, makes victory sure.
• “I have put My words in thy mouth, and I have covered thee in the shadow of mine hand” (Isa. 51:16a, emphasis mine.)
• “He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.” (Psalm 91:1, 2, 4, emphasis mine.)
Timothy Palla is the pastor of Fairview Missionary Baptist Church in the Lucasville/Minford area of southern Ohio. He and his lovely wife, Jennifer, have five children—Drew, Dane, Aidan, Ethan, and Meghan—and have been involved in homeschooling since 1993. You may contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org
This article was originally published in the May/June 2008 issue of Home School Enrichment Magazine. Visit http://homeschoolenrichment.com/ to request a FREE sample issue today!
Recently on Homeschool
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Listen to Your Favorite Pastors
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content