How To Deal With Math Anxiety
- Wednesday, June 21, 2006
Suggestions for Reading:
- Burns. Marilyn. The I hate Mathematics! Book. Little, Brown & Company, 1975.
- Burns. Marilyn. Math: Facing an American Phobia. Math Publications, 1998.
- Kenschaft, Patricia Clark. Math Power: How to Help Your Child Love Math, Even if You Don't. Reading: A: Addison-Wesley, 1997.
- Tobias. Shelia. Overcoming Math Anxiety (Revised and Expanded). New York: W.W. Norton & Company, 1993.
- Burns. M. (1998). Math: Facing an American Phobia. Math Solutions Publicaitons. Sausailto, CA.
- Gresham, G. (2004). Mathematics anxiety in elementary school students. ComMuniCator, 28, (1), 28-29.
- Mathison, M. (1977). Curricular interventions and programming innovations for the reduction of mathematics anxiety. Paper presented at the annual convention of American Psychological Association. San Francisco, CA.
- Smith, S. (1997). Early childhood mathematics Botson: Allyn & Bacon.
- Woodard, T. (2004). The effects of math anxiety on post-secondary development students as related to achievement, gender, and age. Inquiry, 9, (1). 1-5.
Dr. Gina Gresham is an Assistant Professor of Mathematics Education at the University of Central Florida. She can be emailed at email@example.com.
Recently on Homeschool
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Listen to Your Favorite Pastors
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content