- Friday, November 08, 2013
2. The North American Guild of Change Ringers (NAGCR). Nov. 4, 2011. www.nagcr.org.
3. “History and the Whitechapel Bell Foundry.” The Whitechapel Bell Foundry Ltd. Web. Nov. 4, 2011. www.whitechapelbellfoundry.co.uk/history.htm.
4. The Old North Church. Web. Nov. 4, 2011. www.oldnorth.com/history/bellringing.htm.
6. Ibid. Calendar page.
7. E-mail from Ted Clark, Master Ringer at the Cathedral of St. Paul. Jan. 25, 2012.
8. Author interview with Ted Clark by email, Nov. 20, 2011.
10. “About the Bells.” The Tower Bells at the Cathedral of St. Paul. Web. 02 Feb. 2012. www.birminghambells.org/bells.html.
11. “Mobel, a Belfry in your Pocket.” Abel, Mabel and Mobel Ringing Simulators. Web. 02 Feb. 2012. www.abelsim.co.uk/MobelNews.htm.
12. Email from Ted Clark, Feb. 3, 2012.
13. “Bells and Bellringing.” The Central Council of Church Bell Ringers (CCCBR). Web. 02 Feb. 2012. cccbr.org.uk/pr/pubs/bellsandbellringing. “Time taken to ring the Extent on different numbers of bells.”
14. “Edgar Allen Poe: The Bells.” Fordham.edu. Web. 02 Feb. 2012. www.fordham.edu/halsall/medny/venturi-poebells.html.
16. Interview with Ted Clark, Oct. 25, 2011.
18. “Wabi and Sabi: The Aesthetics of Solitude.” Articles: House of Solitude—Hermitary. Hermitary: The Hermit, Hermits, Eremitism, Solitude, Silence, Anchorites, Recluses, Simplicity. Web. 02 Feb. 2012. www.hermitary.com/solitude/wabisabi.html.
19. Interview with Ted Clark, Oct. 25, 2011.
Sara Hill is a wife of thirty-seven years and mother of three daughters, the youngest of whom she homeschooled through fourth grade. She’s a member of the Society of Children’s Book Writers & Illustrators (SCBWI) and blogs about her three grandchildren and her second career as a writer at thewritershadeofpale.blogspot.com.
Copyright 2012, used with permission. All rights reserved by author. Originally appeared in the April 2012 issue of The Old Schoolhouse® Magazine, the family education magazine. Read the magazine free at www.TOSMagazine.com or read it on the go and download the free apps at www.TOSApps.com to read the magazine on your mobile devices.
Publication date: November 7, 2013
Recently on Resources
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Listen to Your Favorite Pastors
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content