The Great War - Unit Study
- Friday, August 18, 2006
Study Questions and Follow up Research:
- Which countries formed the Triple Entente and the Triple Alliance?
- Name the countries that made up the Central Powers and the Allied Powers.
- What were some new forms of weapons used in World War I?
- Read World War I "The War to End Wars" by Zachary Kent. This book gives an excellent overview of the war.
- Look at a map of Europe before and after the war. The book mentioned above has these maps, as do most history books.
- During the years between World War I and World War II, November 11 was celebrated as Armistice Day and later the name was changed to Veterans Day. Pretend you are a soldier and write a letter home telling your family how you feel on Armistice Day.
AMY PUETZ, a homeschool graduate, loves history, sewing, and working as a computer graphic artist for her company A to Z Designs. She is also the author of the exciting book Costumes with Character. Visit her website at a2zdesigns.vcn.com. She makes her home in Wright, Wyoming.
Recently on Resources
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Listen to Your Favorite Pastors
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content