The Benefits of Collaborative Learning
- Wednesday, January 23, 2002
Cozy, convenient, and
Classroom space, tables, chairs, neutral territory, gym or kitchen space may be available.
Wear & tear on house,
lack of privacy,
ground rules important.
Church relations may be strained. How do you pay? What about damages? Clean-up & contact people are vital!
Consider your students:
- How many should you have?
- Will they get along?
- What about age ranges?
- Do they have similar learning abilities? If not, how do you compensate?
Consider your parents:
- Compatible worldviews?
- Compatible educational philosophies?
- Working towards the same co-op goals?
Wow! There is so much to think about. But lest you get discouraged let me offer this list that several of us compiled showing some of the reasons we co-op.
Advantages of Co-ops
3. Carefully chosen group interaction (aka, socialization!).
Recently on Homeschool
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Listen to Your Favorite Pastors
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content