21 Suggestions for Success
- H. Jackson Brown, Jr., for the eHarmony Research Library
- 2002 11 Nov
H. Jackson Brown, Jr., is the author of the national bestsellers "Life's Little Instruction Books," "Live and Learn and Pass It On," and "P.S. I Love You." His list of 21 Suggestions for Success has been reproduced in countless offices, homes and Web sites around the world.
We believe it holds a special relevance for eharmony members. As you move through the process of finding and getting to know your matches, consider how each of the 21 suggestions puts you in the right frame of mind for success.
Members of eharmony often ask what they can do to prepare for their upcoming relationship. We believe this list is an excellent road map to making yourself more attractive and ready for a loving mate. Remember, the best way to attract a great relationship partner is to be confident, happy and serene without one.
1. Marry the right person. This one decision will determine 90 percent of your happiness or misery.
2. Work at something you enjoy and that's worthy of your time and talent.
3. Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.
4. Become the most positive and enthusiastic person you know.
5. Be forgiving of yourself and others.
6. Be generous.
7. Have a grateful heart.
8. Persistence, persistence, persistence.
9. Discipline yourself to save money on even the most modest salary.
10. Treat everyone you meet like you want to be treated.
11. Commit yourself to constant improvement.
12. Commit yourself to quality.
13. Understand that happiness is not based on possessions, power, or prestige, but on relationships with people you love and respect.
14. Be loyal.
15. Be honest.
16. Be a self-starter.
17. Be decisive even if it means you'll sometimes be wrong.
18. Stop blaming others. Take responsibility for every area of your life.
19. Be bold and courageous. When you look back on your life, you'll regret the things you didn't do more than the ones you did.
20. Take good care of those you love.
21. Don't do anything that wouldn't make your Mom proud.
The eHarmony Research Library is a branch of eHarmony.com(tm), North America's most successful Relationship Building Service. Our precise technology searches a database of 500,000 persons to find truly compatible matches. Then, eHarmony's guided communication system helps you meet and get to know each other in an appropriate, in-depth manner. Click HERE to learn more about eHarmony.