Icon Care And Maintenance
- Wednesday, September 15, 2004
Most contemporary icons are produced with great care and attention to detail. However, being subjected to repeated clicking and constant bombardment by cathode rays they tend to deteriorate over time.
In order to maintain their graphic integrity it is recommended that the following procedure be followed at least once every six months:
1. Remove the icon from the monitor, being careful to handle it only by the edges to avoid pixel damage.
2. Soak in a luke warm soapy solution for 5-10 minutes. Do not rub or scrub or pixels may be shifted, resulting in serious disintegration of the image.
3. Remove from bath and stand on edge to dry. Under no circumstance attempt to dry dry with a rag or lens tissue and never subject to blow-drying or permanent damage may result. If more than 5% of the pixels have been lost, replace icon with a new one.
4. Carefully replace cleaned icon in monitor, taking special care not to touch the surface. Allow to set one hour before using.
If icons need to be exchanged from one computer to another they should be transported only in specially
prepared icon cases available at any computer or electronic supply store.
Remember, icons are the heart and soul of the Windows environment and should be treated accordingly
Recently on Computer / Internet
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Listen to Your Favorite Pastors
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content