The Internet Pledge
- Monday, November 01, 2004
Are you BRAVE enough to take the Internet Pledge?... okay.... let's find out....
1) I will have a cup of coffee in the morning and read my newspaper like I used to, before the Web.
2) I will eat breakfast with a knife and fork and not with one hand typing.
3) I will get dressed before noon.
4) I will make an attempt to clean the house, wash clothes, and plan dinner before even thinking of the Web.
5) I will sit down with pen and paper, and write a letter to those unfortunate few friends and family that are Web-deprived.
6) I will call someone on the phone to talk, who I cannot contact via the Web.
7) I will read a book...if I still remember how.
8) I will listen to those around me and their needs, and stop telling them to turn the TV down so I can hear the music on the Web.
9) I will not be tempted during TV commercials to check for email.
10) I will try and get out of the house at least once a week, if it is necessary or not.
11) I will remember that my bank is not forgiving if I forget to balance my checkbook because I was too busy on the Web.
12) Last, but not least, I will remember that I must go to bed sometime ... and the Web will always be there tomorrow. . . . ( but let me go check, just once more today .... )
Recently on Computer / Internet
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Listen to Your Favorite Pastors
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content