Twelve of the Most Terrifying Things to Hear
- Sunday, October 02, 2005
1. The dentist says: "This won't hurt a bit."
2. The IRS announces: "We are simplifying the tax forms."
3. Your lawyer says: "This is an air-tight case-- you can't lose."
4. Your stock broker says: "This little drop in the market is just a minor correction."
5. Your physician says: "You're in great shape - - you'll live to be 100!"
6. Your business partner says: "Nothing can possibly go wrong."
7. Your best friend says: "Trust me - - I'll never tell a soul."
8. The directions on a do-it-yourself kit say: "Even a child can do it."
9. Your colleagues say: "We're behind you 100% - - we'll back you up."
10. Someone giving you directions says: "You can't miss it."
11. The airline pilot announces: "Just a bit of turbulence folks - - nothing to worry about."
12. A voice on the telephone says: "Congratulations! You're an instant winner!"
Recently on Humor Lists
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Listen to Your Favorite Pastors
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content