You Might Be A Cajun If...
- Monday, October 20, 2003
1. You start an angel food cake with a roux.
2. You sit down to eat boiled crawfish and your host says "Don't eat the
dead ones" and you know what he means.
3. You gave up Tabasco for Lent.
4. You refer to Louisiana winters as "gumbo weather."
5. You can look at a rice field and tell how much gravy it will take to
cover the rice.
6. You think the head of the United Nations is Boudreaux-Boudreaux-Guillory.
7. Watching Wild Kingdom inspires you to write a cookbook.
8. You think boudin, hog-head cheese and a Budweiser is a bland diet.
9. You think Ground Hog's day and Boucherie Day are the same holiday.
10. You take a bite of 5-alarm Texas chili and reach for the Tabasco.
11. Fred's Lounge in Mamou means more to you than the Grand Ole Opry.
12. You have an "envie" for something instead of a craving.
13. You use two or more pirogues to cover your newly planted tomatoes to
protect them from a late frost.
14. The horsepower of your outboard motor is greater than the motor in your
15. You pass up a trip abroad to go to the Crawfish Festival in Breaux
16. Your children's favorite bedtime story begins with "First you make a
17.Your school teacher teaches the 4 basic food groups as: Boiled seafood,
Broiled seafood, Fried seafood, and Adult Beverage.
18. You're asked to name the 4 seasons and reply "Onions, celery, bell
pepper, and Tony's."
19. You let your black coffee cool and find it has gelled.
20. You describe a 7 course meal as 6 - cracklings and a pound of boudin!
21. You describe a yard of boudin and cracklings as "breakfast."
22. Your mom/spouse announces each morning, "Well, I've got the rice cooking, what will we have for dinner?"
23. None of your potential vacation destinations are North of the old
Mississippi River bridge ***(A bridge in Baton Rouge on Hwy 190)**
24. You think of gravy as a beverage.
25. You learned bourre' the hard way - holding yourself upright in your
26. You consider the 4 seasons as: winter, spring, summer, and hunting!!
27. Your high school band's rendition of the National Anthem begins with,
"Jambalaya, crawfish pie, fillet gumbo..."
28. You stand up when they play "Jolie Blonde."
29. Any of your dessert recipes call for jalapenos.
30. You consider Breaux Bridge the capital of the state, and Lafayette the
capital of the nation.
31. You think the Mason-Dixon line is at Bunkie.
Recently on Humor Lists
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Listen to Your Favorite Pastors
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content