You might be from a small town if...
- Tuesday, March 30, 2004
1. You can name everyone you graduated with.
2. You went to parties in a field, a bush, a gravel pit, or in the middle of a dirt road (and the party couldn't start until someone with a big stereo in their truck showed up.
3. You used to cruise "main".
4. You got a fine and your parents knew within the hour.
5. You scheduled parties around the schedule of different police officers, since you know which ones would bust you and which ones wouldn't.
6. It was cool to date somebody from the neighboring town.
7. The whole school went to the same party after graduation.
8. You don't give directions by street names, but by references (turn by Nelson's house, go 2 blocks past Anderson's, and it's four houses left of the track field).
9. The golf course had only 9 holes.
10. You can't help but date a friend's ex-boyfriend/girlfriend.
11. Your car stays filthy because of the dirt roads and you will never own a light-coloured vehicle for this reason.
12. The town next to you is considered "trashy"or "snooty", but is actually just like your town.
13. You refer to anyone with a house newer then 1980 as "the rich people".
14. The people in the "big city" dress funny - then you pick up the trend 2 years later.
15. Anyone you want can be found at either the local gas station or the town pub or coffee shop.
16. Directions are given using the 4-way stop as a reference.
17. You decide to walk somewhere for exercise and 5 people pull over and ask you if you want a ride somewhere.
18. Your teachers call you by your older siblings' names.
19. Your teachers remember when they taught your parents.
20. You can charge at all the local stores or write cheques without any i.d.
21. The closest Mcdonald's is 45 miles away (or more).
22. The best mall is over an hour away.
23. It is normal to see an old man picking bottles in the ditch (and you know his name).
24. Everyone who played sports had to play on every type of team, or there wouldn't be enough people to have a team.
25. You can remember when your town finally got cable.
26. Driving to the party on a four wheeler is quite normal.
27. You thought the 30-year-old guy that still was at all the parties was cool.
28. The whole town wreaks when the fish trucks drive through.
29. The town population increases by one-third when the universities go on break.
30. The best burgers in town are at the rink.
31. You know exactly where to go when the party is at "the lake".
32. You laugh 'til your sides hurt reading this because you know it is all true and you forward it to everyone who lives in your town (because you know them all!!!)
Recently on Humor Lists
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Listen to Your Favorite Pastors
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content