Ponderings . . .
- Thursday, April 15, 2004
1. Why does a pizza get to your house faster than an ambulance.
2. Why is it in drugstores, does the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get their prescriptions while healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front..
3. Why do people order double cheese burgers, large fries, and a diet coke.
4. Why do banks leave both doors open and then chain the pens to the counters.
5. Why do we leave cars worth thousands of dollars in the driveway and put our useless junk in the garage.
6. Why do we use answering machines to screen calls and then have call waiting so we won't miss a call from someone we didn't want to talk to in the first place.
7. Why do we buy hot dogs in packages of ten and buns in packages of eight.
8. Why do we use the word 'politics' to describe the process so well: 'Poli' in Latin meaning 'many' and 'tics' meaning 'bloodsucking creatures'.
Recently on Mind Benders
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Listen to Your Favorite Pastors
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content