You Might Be From Kansas If. . . .
- Monday, October 25, 2004
1. You no longer associate bridges or rivers with water.
2. You have never met any celebrities. (Bob Dole isn't a celebrity; he's your neighbor.)
3. You know the meaning of Rock Chalk Jayhawk.
4. Your closest neighbor is more than a mile away and you can still see him from your front porch.
5. You can properly pronounce Salina, Basehor, Schoenchen, Kechi and Osawatomie.
6. Going on vacation means going to Hutch to the fair, Abilene to Ike's museum or Boot Hill to see Miss Kitty.
7. You know exactly what calf fries are and eat them anyway.
8. A traffic jam involves two cars staring each other down at a four-way stop, each determined to be the most polite and let the other go first.
9. A Mercedes Benz is not a status symbol. A Ford F350 4x4 is. (Except in Johnson County)
10. You discover that in July it takes only 2 fingers to drive your car.
11. The terms Sooners and Huskers cause hair! s on the back of your neck to stand up straight and your blood pressure to rise.
12. You have owned at least one belt buckle bigger than your fist.
13. You think people who complain about the wind in their states are SISSIES!
14. You are not surprised to find movie rentals, ammunition and bait all in the same store.
15. You know that the true value of a parking space is not determined by the distance to the door but by the availability of shade.
16. You have been asked, "Where is Toto" more than once.
17. You prefer the Little Apple to the Big Apple as a place to live.
18. You had at least one summer job that was bucking bales or custom cutting.
19. You understand the difference between 3.2 and 6 point and more than once you've made a beer run to another state.
20. You learned how to shoot a gun before you learned to multiply.
21. Your school classes have been canceled because of the cold.
22. You know in your heart that K-State can beat Oklahoma in football.
23. Traffic congestion is ten cars waiting to pass a combine on the highway.
24. You have had to switch from heat to A/C in the same day.
25. You know everything goes better with Ranch.
26. You call that smell coming from the feed yards...."money".
27. Your school classes have been canceled because of the heat.
28. You complain that you cannot see Scott City...
29. You know that Mt. Oread is really only just a hill.
30. You have seen people wear bib overalls to funerals and weddings.
31. You have ridden the school bus for more than an hour each way.
32. Over 50% of your wardrobe is purple.
33. In August, you break a sweat the instant you step outside at 7:00 a.m.
34. You instantly know someone is from Johnson County when they call everything west of Topeka... "Western" Kansas.
Recently on Travel Humor
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Listen to Your Favorite Pastors
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content