- Saturday, August 21, 2004
The differences between wasting time at work before the Internet and wasting time at work now with the Internet..
* Then- Wandered aimlessly around office until you found something or someone even mildly interesting.
* Now- Wander aimlessly around WWW until you find something find something remotely interesting.
* Then- Blew stuff up in the microwave.
* Now- Watch people in Bulgaria blow stuff up in the microwave via webcam.
* Then- Spent hours shredding stupid jokes and cartoons that friends sent via fax.
* Now- Spend hours deleting stupid jokes and cartoons that friends send via e-mail.
* Then- Hid copies of magazine inside corporate document so boss thought you were a diligent worker.
* Now- Keep fingers on Alt-Tab to switch to that Excel spreadsheet so boss thinks you're a diligent workers.
* Then- Talked to co-workers around water cooler about latest Welcome Back
Kotter and White Shadow episodes.
* Now- Talk to friends via ICQ about how much you hate your job.
* Then- Figured out how many sheets of paper their stapler would go through.
* Now- Use a ping plotter to see how many hops it takes to get to yahoo.com.
Recently on Work Jokes
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Listen to Your Favorite Pastors
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content