Forgiven: The Miracle of Complete Forgiveness
As we open to Psalm 32, we are listening to David's testimony in song that came to his heart when David received complete forgiveness.
David experienced what the Scriptures often declare—God is a God who offers His children complete forgiveness.
- "… as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us”. (Psalm 103:12)
- " Come now, and let us reason together,” Says the LORD, “ Though your sins are like scarlet, They shall be as white as snow; Though they are red like crimson, They shall be as wool..” (Is. 1:18)
- “… But You have lovingly delivered my soul from the pit of corruption, For You have cast all my sins behind Your back.” (Is. 38:17)
- “I have swept away your offenses like a cloud, your sins like the morning mist. Return to me, for I have redeemed you.” (Isaiah 44:22)
- “For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.” (Jeremiah 31:34b)
- “You will … hurl all our iniquities into the depths of the sea.” (Micah 7:19)
- [At the Last Supper, Jesus commanded his own to drink, saying] “This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.” (Matthew 26:28)
- “She said, “No one, Lord.” And Jesus said to her, “Neither do I condemn you; go and sin no more.” (John 8:11)
- “There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.” (Romans 8:1)
- “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.”(1 John 1:9)
David has just experienced the greatest of all miracles that God does on this planet today.
The Greatest ofAll Christ's Miracles
The greatest miracle is the one that Jesus Christ is still doing in our midst today. It is the miracle that I have personally experienced. It is the miracle that most of us have also experienced. It is the greatest of all Christ's miracles –the miracle of complete forgiveness.
Have you ever wondered secretly in the back of your mind if you could be completely forgiven of all your sins? I mean the really bad ones that most or nearly all people don’t know about?
What makes complete forgiveness seem even more impossible is if you are someone most people would never even dream of having any kind of struggle with sin. Former drug addicts have a pass, right? They were bad, got saved and are all set. The same for the former alcoholics, the former sexual sinners—but what about 'church going, raised in Christian homes, never really into anything bad’ people? What if they fall head long into sin. Other people wonder, are they even saved? Can they be really sure that they are completely forgiven?
Today celebrate your forgiveness that is only in Christ, as we go deeper into our gift of forgiveness through a look at Psalm 32. Maybe it will encourage you to spend a lot of time in it.
To continue reading this message please click here.
For more from Discover the Book Ministries, please visit discoverthebook.org.