April 22, 2011 was an ordinary day for Andy and Bri Hoffman until they found their five-year-old son, Jack, sitting nearly comatose in their kitchen. He was rushed to the hospital and eventually diagnosed with pediatric cancer.
Months of treatment followed along with many tears and sleepless nights.
"It just tipped our life upside down," Andy's father told the USA Today.
But through a series of conversations and connections little Jack was given an opportunity to meet some of his heroes on his favorite football team: the Nebraska Cornhuskers.
And during the annual spring game this year Jack got to suit up and play in the game - and he even scored a touchdown.
Please pray for Jack and his family - and all those currently struggling with a major illness.
Follow me on Twitter @Dalyfocus
Follow me on Facebook
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Jim Daly
- Compromise Not Always the Best Answer to Marriage DisagreementsMonday, March 10, 2014
- Did You See What this 8-Year-Old Boy Did?Friday, March 07, 2014
- Music to My Ears in NashvilleThursday, March 06, 2014
- The Man with One EarWednesday, March 05, 2014
- A Focus on the Family Friend Has Gone HomeTuesday, March 04, 2014
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content