April 22, 2011 was an ordinary day for Andy and Bri Hoffman until they found their five-year-old son, Jack, sitting nearly comatose in their kitchen. He was rushed to the hospital and eventually diagnosed with pediatric cancer.
Months of treatment followed along with many tears and sleepless nights.
"It just tipped our life upside down," Andy's father told the USA Today.
But through a series of conversations and connections little Jack was given an opportunity to meet some of his heroes on his favorite football team: the Nebraska Cornhuskers.
And during the annual spring game this year Jack got to suit up and play in the game - and he even scored a touchdown.
Please pray for Jack and his family - and all those currently struggling with a major illness.
Follow me on Twitter @Dalyfocus
Follow me on Facebook
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Jim Daly
- Why Did This Painting Sell for $46 Million?Monday, December 09, 2013
- Give the Gift of Family this ChristmasFriday, December 06, 2013
- 5 Things Christians Can Learn from AdoptionThursday, December 05, 2013
- VIDEO: Boys, BB Guns and ChristmasWednesday, December 04, 2013
- VIDEO: Troubled Boy Has a Dad-Sized Hole in His HeartTuesday, December 03, 2013
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content