Have you seen this commercial produced by Dove?
How does this strike you?
Do you see yourself as other see you?
More importantly, how does God see you?
My friend Graham Baird is a pastor here in town. In a sermon he recently preached using this video as an illustration, he noted that we tend to under-rate our beautiful qualities and over-rate the things that don’t matter. "God sees our beautiful qualities that we don’t see, and wants us to bring our deepest blemishes (pride, selfishness, stewardshipship, etc.) to Him."
I think he's exactly right.
Follow me on Twitter @Dalyfocus
Follow me on Facebook
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Jim Daly
- Robin Williams: Could His Faith Have Prevented His Suicide?Monday, August 18, 2014
- Loving a Prodigal ChildFriday, August 15, 2014
- One Way to Prepare Your Teen for CollegeThursday, August 14, 2014
- A Secret That Can Change Your LifeWednesday, August 13, 2014
- Help Your Child Thrive in the Middle School YearsTuesday, August 12, 2014
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content