Have you seen this commercial produced by Dove?
How does this strike you?
Do you see yourself as other see you?
More importantly, how does God see you?
My friend Graham Baird is a pastor here in town. In a sermon he recently preached using this video as an illustration, he noted that we tend to under-rate our beautiful qualities and over-rate the things that don’t matter. "God sees our beautiful qualities that we don’t see, and wants us to bring our deepest blemishes (pride, selfishness, stewardshipship, etc.) to Him."
I think he's exactly right.
Follow me on Twitter @Dalyfocus
Follow me on Facebook
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Jim Daly
- Click Here for the Best Programs of the YearTuesday, December 10, 2013
- Why Did This Painting Sell for $46 Million?Monday, December 09, 2013
- Give the Gift of Family this ChristmasFriday, December 06, 2013
- 5 Things Christians Can Learn from AdoptionThursday, December 05, 2013
- VIDEO: Boys, BB Guns and ChristmasWednesday, December 04, 2013
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content