Yes, that Bono – the rock star and human rights activist who is also a committed Christian. In fact, it’s his faith that motivates him to help those in extreme poverty and living with HIV/AIDS.
The interview may not have aired yet, but various media outlets are already abuzz with the news. I wanted to share three articles about the interview with you.
- Religion News Service’s article, “Bono: David sang the blues and Jesus did some punk rock” includes an interview with me about my experience in interviewing Bono.
- Christianity Today compiles “Six Surprises from Bono’s Interview with Focus on the Family,” including what Bono and I have in common.
- The Washington Examiner’s piece, “Bono: George Bush, evangelicals saved 9 million AIDS victims” takes a look at how orthopraxy – the living out of faith – can make a real difference in the lives of many.
Here at Focus, we’re excited about the interview for many reasons. Yes, there are quite a few Bono fans in the ministry. But more than that, we’re glad we get to shine a light on the difference our Christian faith can make. Yes, Bono can be a bit unorthodox at times – but at his core, Bono loves the Lord. He’s been a loving husband to his wife, Ali, for 30 years. Together they have four children. He tirelessly advocates for “the least of these.”
The message we hope this broadcast gets across is that all that I’ve highlighted is because of the heart-change that happens when someone has a real encounter with Jesus Christ. It’s our hope that this interview will inspire others to live out their faith in authentic, tangible ways as well. We also hope it helps people to see that, as Christians, we don’t have to fit a cookie-cutter mold. God has made each of us unique, and we can serve Him no matter who we are, what we do, or how famous we may be.
Hope you listen tomorrow – and thanks to all of you who have “shared” or “liked” the media coverage surrounding this important broadcast. We appreciate your support!
Follow me on Twitter @Dalyfocus
Follow me on Facebook
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Jim Daly
- Did You See What this 8-Year-Old Boy Did?Friday, March 07, 2014
- Music to My Ears in NashvilleThursday, March 06, 2014
- The Man with One EarWednesday, March 05, 2014
- A Focus on the Family Friend Has Gone HomeTuesday, March 04, 2014
- Guest Post: Oscar Season Reminds Us That Entertainment Shapes UsMonday, March 03, 2014
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content