Posted by Jim_Daly Apr 21, 2012
America has lost a gentleman and statesman of the highest integrity and character. I’ve lost a dear friend and mentor who, most importantly, modeled for me how to stand for God’s Truth with Christ’s heart. Chuck was an endlessly selfless man, whose love for and ministry to those in prison made him one of the great modern-day lions of the faith.
Chuck was a great example to me and millions of others for his willingness to share so openly about his own faults and the besetting sins of his life. Only a humble and broken man thoroughly disinterested in his own image could so openly admit it was his own pride and out-of-control ego that led to his downfall.
From that shame, though, he emerged as a shining example of the redemptive power of Jesus and spent the rest of his life setting aside his own ego for the sake of others, investing his time and energies in those besides himself. Chuck was never threatened by anyone else’s success, especially those of us from the "next generation."
He was actually energized by it.
That is the mark, and the legacy, of a great man.
Follow me on Twitter @Dalyfocus
Follow me on Facebook
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Jim Daly
- “Will You Marry Me, Mommy?”Thursday, December 12, 2013
- Should Christians Be Better Tippers Than Non-Christians?Wednesday, December 11, 2013
- Click Here for the Best Programs of the YearTuesday, December 10, 2013
- Why Did This Painting Sell for $46 Million?Monday, December 09, 2013
- Give the Gift of Family this ChristmasFriday, December 06, 2013
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content