Posted by Jim_Daly Oct 31, 2012
"Character counts in the presidency more than any other single quality. It is much more important than how much the president knows of foreign policy or economics, or even politics. When the chips are down -- and the chips are almost always down in the presidency -- how do you decide?
Which way do you go?
What kind of courage is called upon?"
--David McCullough, Character Above All, pp. 41-42.
Follow me on Twitter @Dalyfocus
Follow me on Facebook
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
About Jim Daly
Jim Daly is president of Focus on the Family and host of its National Radio Hall of Fame-honored daily broadcast, heard by more than 2.9 million listeners a week on more than 1,000 radio stations across the U.S. He is husband to Jean and father to Trent and Troy.
Recently by Jim Daly
- Oklahoma SorrowTuesday, May 21, 2013
- 35 Steps to a Better Life 2013Monday, May 20, 2013
- A Favorite QuoteFriday, May 17, 2013
- Are You a Fan or a Follower?Thursday, May 16, 2013
- If You Want Your Kids to Pass Finals, Don't Let Them Do ThisWednesday, May 15, 2013
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content