A colleague recently came across a funny website I thought you’d enjoy. It listed some hilarious mistakes people made on their résumés. Here are a few highlights:
“Skills: Strong work ethic, attention to detail, team player, self-motivated, attention to detail.”
“I have a demonstrated ability in multi-tasting.”
“Graduated in 1882.”
“Took a career break to renovate my horse.”
“My work ethics are impeachable.”
“I consistently tanked as top sales producer for new accounts.”
“Dear sir or madman…”
“Skills: I can type without lokng at thekeyboard.”
“Instrumental in ruining entire operation for a Midwest chain store.”
One woman sent in her résumé and cover letter without deleting a friend’s edits, including such comments as, “I don’t think you want to say this about yourself here.”
The whole job interview process can be stressful, can’t it? Certainly none of us want to make the kind of mistakes listed above, but maybe there’s some wisdom in not taking ourselves quite so seriously and lightening up just a bit.
Do you have a funny job interview moment – as interviewer or interviewee – you’d like to share?
Follow me on Twitter @Dalyfocus
Follow me on Facebook
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Jim Daly
- Give the Gift of Family this ChristmasFriday, December 06, 2013
- 5 Things Christians Can Learn from AdoptionThursday, December 05, 2013
- VIDEO: Boys, BB Guns and ChristmasWednesday, December 04, 2013
- VIDEO: Troubled Boy Has a Dad-Sized Hole in His HeartTuesday, December 03, 2013
- One-Hundred Year-Old Wisdom About Living a Joyful LifeMonday, December 02, 2013
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content