Posted by Jim_Daly Oct 16, 2012
Civility is not the same thing as niceness.
The high stakes of politics can produce intense disagreements. But manners — even cold, formal ones — communicate a modicum of mutual respect and preserve the possibility of cooperation. John Stuart Mill called democracy “government by discussion.”
Michael Gerson, as quoted in The Washington Post, October 15, 2012
Follow me on Twitter @Dalyfocus
Follow me on Facebook
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Jim Daly
- “Will You Marry Me, Mommy?”Thursday, December 12, 2013
- Should Christians Be Better Tippers Than Non-Christians?Wednesday, December 11, 2013
- Click Here for the Best Programs of the YearTuesday, December 10, 2013
- Why Did This Painting Sell for $46 Million?Monday, December 09, 2013
- Give the Gift of Family this ChristmasFriday, December 06, 2013
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content