Here at Focus we have. Our staff is celebrating “Olympic Fridays” by wearing the red, white and blue. We watch and marvel at the athletes’ prowess – their talent, tenacity, discipline and courage.
And behind these dedicated men and women stand families who helped them achieved their dreams of representing their respective countries on a world stage after a seeming lifetime of training.
I want to share with you a commercial from Proctor and Gamble (P&G) that highlights some of the sacrifices these athletes’ mothers went through to see their children compete at the Olympic level. A lot of it is just encouraging their sons and daughters to persevere when the going gets tough – to get back up again and to keep at it.
Your son or daughter may not be sports oriented. Perhaps God has instead given you an academically gifted child… a future craftsman… a child with a heart for missions… a musician. Whatever it is, your role in their future success is important. Be encouraged to know that everything you do every day to help them matters. So go ahead – when your kids fall, pick them back up. They’ll thank you.
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Jim Daly
- Robin Williams: Could His Faith Have Prevented His Suicide?Monday, August 18, 2014
- Loving a Prodigal ChildFriday, August 15, 2014
- One Way to Prepare Your Teen for CollegeThursday, August 14, 2014
- A Secret That Can Change Your LifeWednesday, August 13, 2014
- Help Your Child Thrive in the Middle School YearsTuesday, August 12, 2014
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content