Somebody once said that running into debt isn't so bad. It's running into creditors that hurts. Can you relate? I recently came across a rather startling slide that helps put the current financial crisis into perspective.
Looking at this brings to mind the many references in the Bible to managing money and avoiding debt. The temptation has been with us for thousands of years. This is why Solomon once warned that "The borrower is servant to the lender" (Proverbs 22:7).
Take a look. How does this strike you, especially in regards to how you manage your own family's budget?
Follow me on Twitter @Dalyfocus
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Jim Daly
- This is Not Why Jesus DiedWednesday, April 16, 2014
- WATCH: Elderly Couple Demonstrates Marital JoyTuesday, April 15, 2014
- WATCH: Behind the Scenes of Focus’ “Irreplaceable” MovieMonday, April 14, 2014
- Who’s the Better Christian?Friday, April 11, 2014
- WATCH: Help Your Family Thrive for 3 GenerationsThursday, April 10, 2014
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content