Somebody once said that running into debt isn't so bad. It's running into creditors that hurts. Can you relate? I recently came across a rather startling slide that helps put the current financial crisis into perspective.
Looking at this brings to mind the many references in the Bible to managing money and avoiding debt. The temptation has been with us for thousands of years. This is why Solomon once warned that "The borrower is servant to the lender" (Proverbs 22:7).
Take a look. How does this strike you, especially in regards to how you manage your own family's budget?
Follow me on Twitter @Dalyfocus
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Jim Daly
- The Father Who Wished His Son Had Never Been BornTuesday, March 11, 2014
- Compromise Not Always the Best Answer to Marriage DisagreementsMonday, March 10, 2014
- Did You See What this 8-Year-Old Boy Did?Friday, March 07, 2014
- Music to My Ears in NashvilleThursday, March 06, 2014
- The Man with One EarWednesday, March 05, 2014
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content