Somebody once said that running into debt isn't so bad. It's running into creditors that hurts. Can you relate? I recently came across a rather startling slide that helps put the current financial crisis into perspective.
Looking at this brings to mind the many references in the Bible to managing money and avoiding debt. The temptation has been with us for thousands of years. This is why Solomon once warned that "The borrower is servant to the lender" (Proverbs 22:7).
Take a look. How does this strike you, especially in regards to how you manage your own family's budget?
Follow me on Twitter @Dalyfocus
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Jim Daly
- Robin Williams: Could His Faith Have Prevented His Suicide?Monday, August 18, 2014
- Loving a Prodigal ChildFriday, August 15, 2014
- One Way to Prepare Your Teen for CollegeThursday, August 14, 2014
- A Secret That Can Change Your LifeWednesday, August 13, 2014
- Help Your Child Thrive in the Middle School YearsTuesday, August 12, 2014
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content