Somebody once said that running into debt isn't so bad. It's running into creditors that hurts. Can you relate? I recently came across a rather startling slide that helps put the current financial crisis into perspective.
Looking at this brings to mind the many references in the Bible to managing money and avoiding debt. The temptation has been with us for thousands of years. This is why Solomon once warned that "The borrower is servant to the lender" (Proverbs 22:7).
Take a look. How does this strike you, especially in regards to how you manage your own family's budget?
Follow me on Twitter @Dalyfocus
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Jim Daly
- Give the Gift of Family this ChristmasFriday, December 06, 2013
- 5 Things Christians Can Learn from AdoptionThursday, December 05, 2013
- VIDEO: Boys, BB Guns and ChristmasWednesday, December 04, 2013
- VIDEO: Troubled Boy Has a Dad-Sized Hole in His HeartTuesday, December 03, 2013
- One-Hundred Year-Old Wisdom About Living a Joyful LifeMonday, December 02, 2013
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content