“I would maintain,” said the English writer, G.K. Chesterton, “that thanks are the highest form of thought; and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.” Like most parents we’ve tried to instill in our boys a spirit of gratitude. Since this is vacation week, and pivoting off yesterday's discussion, I thought I’d ask them to share their favorite things about summer. As you can see, they tend to think alike!
Trent (10 7/8 yrs)
1. My birthday
2. Spending time with family
3. Seeing friends
4. Water fights
Troy (8 7/8 yrs)
1. My birthday
3. Hanging with Daddy
4. Shooting Airsoft guns
5. Water fights
Somebody once said that if a person isn't grateful for what he already has, he isn't likely to be thankful for what he's going to get.
How about you and your children? What are your favorite things of summer?
Follow me on Twitter @Dalyfocus
Follow me on Facebook
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Jim Daly
- Should Christians Be Better Tippers Than Non-Christians?Wednesday, December 11, 2013
- Click Here for the Best Programs of the YearTuesday, December 10, 2013
- Why Did This Painting Sell for $46 Million?Monday, December 09, 2013
- Give the Gift of Family this ChristmasFriday, December 06, 2013
- 5 Things Christians Can Learn from AdoptionThursday, December 05, 2013
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content