Posted by Jim_Daly Aug 20, 2012
Meditate on Him; think about Him. Try to think about the glory of this person, this incomparable person. The New Testament is constantly dealing with this. Our Lord told us that the Holy Spirit has been specially given in order to glorify Him: “He shall not speak of himself ... He shall glorify me” (John 16:13-14).
The way to test whether or not our experiences are the work of the Spirit is always to ask what view they give us of Him.
Martyn Lloyd-Jones, The Ultimate Test
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Facebook
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
About Jim Daly
Jim Daly is president of Focus on the Family and host of its National Radio Hall of Fame-honored daily broadcast, heard by more than 2.9 million listeners a week on more than 1,000 radio stations across the U.S. He is husband to Jean and father to Trent and Troy.
Recently by Jim Daly
- Teach Them Why They Died So That We Might Live 2013Friday, May 24, 2013
- Gabrielle Reece's Controversial ConvictionThursday, May 23, 2013
- Three Ways to Be a Radical ChristianWednesday, May 22, 2013
- Oklahoma SorrowTuesday, May 21, 2013
- 35 Steps to a Better Life 2013Monday, May 20, 2013
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content