Posted by Jim_Daly Aug 20, 2012
Meditate on Him; think about Him. Try to think about the glory of this person, this incomparable person. The New Testament is constantly dealing with this. Our Lord told us that the Holy Spirit has been specially given in order to glorify Him: “He shall not speak of himself ... He shall glorify me” (John 16:13-14).
The way to test whether or not our experiences are the work of the Spirit is always to ask what view they give us of Him.
Martyn Lloyd-Jones, The Ultimate Test
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Facebook
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Jim Daly
- Answering Single Adults QuestionsFriday, July 25, 2014
- Interview: Dr. Ben CarsonThursday, July 24, 2014
- Are We Bullies on a Social Media Playground?Wednesday, July 23, 2014
- Do Kittens Have a Mentor?Tuesday, July 22, 2014
- GUEST POST: The Qualities I Thought My Future Husband Should HaveMonday, July 21, 2014
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content