Posted by Jim_Daly Aug 18, 2011
I'm sure you've noticed that people are especially anxious these days. If you're one of them, I would commend this recommendation to you, courtesy of the late Dr. D. Martyn Lloyd Jones:
Read Your Bible!
Every conceivable experience which the Christian may have to face has already been met and dealt with somewhere in the Scriptures. There is no such thing as a new experience in the realm of the Spirit; you will find everything catered for here.
- Excerpted from The Life of Joy and Peace
Lately, I’ve been enjoying a study of Luke’s Gospel and finding it to be both convicting and encouraging, a rich and wonderful read.
How about you? What has the Lord been teaching you through Bible study?
Follow me on Twitter @Dalyfocus
Follow me on Facebook
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
About Jim Daly
Jim Daly is president of Focus on the Family and host of its National Radio Hall of Fame-honored daily broadcast, heard by more than 2.9 million listeners a week on more than 1,000 radio stations across the U.S. He is husband to Jean and father to Trent and Troy.
Recently by Jim Daly
- Please Watch this VideoWednesday, June 19, 2013
- Five Questions and Answers About the Same-Sex Marriage IssueTuesday, June 18, 2013
- These Things I'll RememberMonday, June 17, 2013
- VIDEO: Touching Father's Day Commercial "Power of Dad"Friday, June 14, 2013
- Fire Hits Our Area AgainThursday, June 13, 2013
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content