Posted by Jim_Daly Aug 18, 2011
I'm sure you've noticed that people are especially anxious these days. If you're one of them, I would commend this recommendation to you, courtesy of the late Dr. D. Martyn Lloyd Jones:
Read Your Bible!
Every conceivable experience which the Christian may have to face has already been met and dealt with somewhere in the Scriptures. There is no such thing as a new experience in the realm of the Spirit; you will find everything catered for here.
- Excerpted from The Life of Joy and Peace
Lately, I’ve been enjoying a study of Luke’s Gospel and finding it to be both convicting and encouraging, a rich and wonderful read.
How about you? What has the Lord been teaching you through Bible study?
Follow me on Twitter @Dalyfocus
Follow me on Facebook
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Jim Daly
- Music to My Ears in NashvilleThursday, March 06, 2014
- The Man with One EarWednesday, March 05, 2014
- A Focus on the Family Friend Has Gone HomeTuesday, March 04, 2014
- Guest Post: Oscar Season Reminds Us That Entertainment Shapes UsMonday, March 03, 2014
- VIDEO: The Best Social Media Product of the Year?Friday, February 28, 2014
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content