American pro-golfer Hunter Mahan, 31, was leading the Canadian Open, a tournament with a prize of $1 million – and then he got a call. It turns out his pregnant wife, who wasn’t due to delivery their first baby for another three weeks, had suddenly gone into labor.
What did he do?
What would you do?
Immediately after receiving the call, Mahan packed his bags and withdrew from the tournament. That’s right – without any hesitation, he just picked up and headed out, walking away from any possibility of winning that million dollar check.
Seeing Mahan, his wife and his baby girl in this interview, however, I think it’s clear to see that Mahan’s move paid off.
Follow me on Twitter @Dalyfocus
Follow me on Facebook
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Jim Daly
- Answering Single Adults QuestionsFriday, July 25, 2014
- Interview: Dr. Ben CarsonThursday, July 24, 2014
- Are We Bullies on a Social Media Playground?Wednesday, July 23, 2014
- Do Kittens Have a Mentor?Tuesday, July 22, 2014
- GUEST POST: The Qualities I Thought My Future Husband Should HaveMonday, July 21, 2014
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content