Teen drivers face a four times greater risk for accidents than older adults, according to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. Chalk it up to a number of factors, among them inexperience dealing with emergency situations, distracted driving and the inclination to show off to friends.
Gary Tsifrin, founder of Oakland, Calif.-based DriversEd.com, shared the top 10 most common mistakes young drivers make.
1. Being Distracted Behind the Wheel
2. Taking Too Many Risks
4. Overcrowding the Car
5. Driving Under the Influence
6. Following Too Closely
7. Driving Unbuckled
8. Driving Drowsy
9. Choosing the Wrong Car
10. Not Maintaining the Car
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Jim Liebelt
- Five Teen Trends for 2014 And BeyondThursday, December 05, 2013
- Teens' Social Media Can Hurt College ChancesWednesday, December 04, 2013
- Study: Parents Clueless About Tech's Dangers to Teen HearingMonday, November 25, 2013
- What's Hot? 11/22/13Friday, November 22, 2013
- Snapchat Soars! Sends 400 Million Pictures EverydayFriday, November 22, 2013
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content