Teen drivers face a four times greater risk for accidents than older adults, according to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. Chalk it up to a number of factors, among them inexperience dealing with emergency situations, distracted driving and the inclination to show off to friends.
Gary Tsifrin, founder of Oakland, Calif.-based DriversEd.com, shared the top 10 most common mistakes young drivers make.
1. Being Distracted Behind the Wheel
2. Taking Too Many Risks
4. Overcrowding the Car
5. Driving Under the Influence
6. Following Too Closely
7. Driving Unbuckled
8. Driving Drowsy
9. Choosing the Wrong Car
10. Not Maintaining the Car
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Jim Liebelt
- Teens Who Try E-Cigarettes Are More Likely to Try Tobacco TooFriday, March 07, 2014
- What's Hot? 03/07/14Friday, March 07, 2014
- Over Half of Millennials Have Shared a ‘Selfie’Thursday, March 06, 2014
- Judge Rules Against Teen Who Sued Parents for Financial SupportWednesday, March 05, 2014
- Smoking Tied to Changes in the Structure of Teen BrainsTuesday, March 04, 2014
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content