Teen drivers face a four times greater risk for accidents than older adults, according to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. Chalk it up to a number of factors, among them inexperience dealing with emergency situations, distracted driving and the inclination to show off to friends.
Gary Tsifrin, founder of Oakland, Calif.-based DriversEd.com, shared the top 10 most common mistakes young drivers make.
1. Being Distracted Behind the Wheel
2. Taking Too Many Risks
4. Overcrowding the Car
5. Driving Under the Influence
6. Following Too Closely
7. Driving Unbuckled
8. Driving Drowsy
9. Choosing the Wrong Car
10. Not Maintaining the Car
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Jim Liebelt
- The Web Blasts Past One Billion WebsitesFriday, September 19, 2014
- What's Hot? 09/19/14Friday, September 19, 2014
- Destiny Sales Fall Short of the HypeThursday, September 18, 2014
- Focus On Dangers of Caffeine Powder Is IncreasingWednesday, September 17, 2014
- Gameplay Broadcasting May Be the New Big Thing in Streaming EntertainmentTuesday, September 16, 2014
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content